Defeat Rahul to end dynastic rule: Arvind Kejriwal
Amethi: To root out corruption and dynastic rule from the country, Congress Vice-President and candidate from Amethi Lok Sabha seat should be defeated, Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal said today.
Addressing an election rally in support of AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas at Jagdishpur, Kejriwal alleged that Congress has always looted the country and people were sick of inflation, corruption and bad governance.
The former Delhi Chief Minister said people of Amethi were fed up with dynastic rule and an air of change was blowing in the country.
Kejriwal said that to root out corruption and dynastic rule from the country, defeat of Rahul from Amethi was necessary.
He said the message emanating from here would bring a wave of change in the country.
Kejriwal alleged that Nehru-Gandhi family considered Amethi as their fiefdom.
Taking a swipe at the Congress, Kejriwal said that the party has "looted" the country and if they distribute money during the elections, people should not hesitate in taking it.
"Congress has looted too much and if it distributes money, you should take it. But you should caste your vote for the broom," Kejriwal told his supporters addressing public meetings in Jagdishpur, Salon and Tiloi.
Hitting out at both Congress and BJP, the former Delhi chief minister said that "both complement each other in terms of dearness and corruption."
He asked the people of Amethi, why they were devoid of basic amenities during the Congress rule. "It is a shame for big bosses of Congress," Kejriwal added.
He asserted that both BJP and Congress will lose in Amethi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing