Delhi BJP expects `big win` on May 16, orders 300 kg ladoos
New Delhi: Expecting a "big win" in the Lok Sabha elections as predicted by the exit polls, Delhi BJP has made elaborate preparations, including ordering 300 kg of ladoos, to celebrate the anticipated victory tomorrow.
The party plans to start distributing ladoos, burst crackers and celebrate with colours as soon as it becomes certain that BJP would wrest power at the Centre after a gap of 10 years.
"300 kg ladoos are being prepared at Delhi BJP office. We will start distributing them when it is clear that BJP would form the government. Firecrackers and colours have been stored by the BJP workers to celebrate the party`s victory," Delhi BJP spokesperson Harish Khurana said.
Khurana said Narendra Modi will hold a roadshow in the national Capital on Saturday to "celebrate the victory". "Modi will arrive at IGI Airport at 10 AM on May 17. His roadshow will halt at three different points ? Dhaula Kuan (T-point), Patel Road, 11 Murti ? for few minutes and end at 11 Ashoka Road where BJP Headquarters is situated."
Two big LED screens have been installed at the Delhi BJP office so that party workers and other people could watch election results live.
Sitting arrangements for over 500 persons have also been made at the office complex.
Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan said that this is for the first time in the history of independent India that the country has already accepted the PM candidate as the Prime Minister before declarations of results.
"People will get rid of Congress misrule, corruption and price spiral. BJP Government will restore the dignity of the Constitution of India. Rule of law will be established according to the Constitution and every citizen will get the respect he deserves," Vardhan also said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!