Deputy CM says that he wants Parrikar to stay back in Goa
Panaji: Claiming to be "selfish", Goa`s Deputy Chief Minister Francis D`Souza said here on Wednesday that he was against Manohar Parrikar moving to the Centre, if Narendra Modi forms a Cabinet after the Lok Sabha polls.
"You can call me a selfish person, but we want him (Parrikar) to stay in Goa," D`Souza said, responding to a question if Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar would be elevated to the Union minister`s post, if BJP forms the government at the Centre.
Incidentally, while addressing a rally in Goa during January this year, BJP prime ministerial candidate Modi had said that Parrikar "had potential to become finance minister".
"When Modi called him finance minister material, I felt proud about it. He has the credibility to hold such a high post," the deputy chief minister said.
"Parrikar has been handling the state finance ministry very well, but when he becomes Union finance minister he will have to handle 1.2 billion people," D`Souza said.
However, in the past, Parrikar had ruled out any offer from the BJP to join the Union Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman