Did not elope with anyone`s daughter: Arvind Kejriwal on quitting as Delhi CM
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal has dismissed criticism that he is an opportunist and had quit as the Chief Minister of Delhi to set focus on the crucial Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking to reporters on Sunday, Kejriwal justified his decision to quit as the Chief Minister of Delhi and said that he is "here to fight corruption till last breath".
When further prodded by reporters that he could have continued hi fight against corruption while continuing as Delhi CM, the AAP chief said, “I did not elope with anyone`s daughter.”
Kejriwal made this remark while addressing a rally in the Chandni Chowk constituency to garner support for party candidate Ashutosh.
Kejriwal even praised his 49-day government in Delhi by saying that no other "government in Independent India had done work like the AAP government did in such a less time".
"I also did not go to Pakistan." He also invoked characters of epic Mahabharat while claiming that divine power was with him. "When Duryodhan went to meet Lord Krishna before the war, he asked for his army, while Arjun asked for the Lord."Today Modi and Rahul have the money power but we have God," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie