Did not expect such a debacle: Ashok Gehlot
Jaipur: Former chief minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot on Friday termed the unprecedented defeat of Congress in the Lok Sabha elections as disappointing and said the party had not expected such debacle.
In a statement, he said Congress has in the past seen ups and downs in elections and win and defeat are the parts of the democracy, and said Congress has accepted the mandate.
Now, the challenge was for BJP to fulfill the promises made by it during elections, he said.
The former chief minister also asked party workers not to get disappointed and to work for the welfare of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon