Digvijay accuses Narendra Modi of "telling blatant lies"
Kaitha: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday lashed out at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying he was "telling blatant lies" and was ignorant of the country`s history and geography.
Addressing an election meeting in Rajaund village here today while campaigning for Congress candidate from Kurukshetra Naveen Jindal, Digvijay said Modi`s claim that Jawaharlal Nehru had not attended the funeral of Sardar Patel was a white lie.
"I have called his bluff by putting up pictures on social media showing Dr Rajendra Prasad and Jawaharlal Nehru attending Patel`s funeral," he said, adding that Modi was ignorant of the country`s history and geography.
The Congress leader also attacked Modi for contesting from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, saying he had "chased away" veteran BJP leader and sitting MP Murli Manohar Joshi from there.
Pitching for Naveen, Digvijay said Jindal had rendered exemplary services to the people.
"Jindal served the people from within the Parliamaent as well as from outside," the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister said.
Digvijay also lavished praise on Naveen`s father, late O P Jindal, saying he too had a zeal to serve the people.
"He had passed his legacy to his son who deserves a third term in the Lok Sabha," he said, appealing to the people to vote for Naveen.
Digvijay also said he was proud of the fact that the Congress had made a law to ensure food security for all.
He said it was Congress which had enacted schemes for the benefit of dailts and other poor sections of the society.
Speaking on the occasion, Naveen Jindal said he had always strived to serve the people of his constituency to the best of his ability and would continue to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened