Disgruntled Congress, SAD leaders withdraw nomination from Faridkot
Faridkot: In a relief for candidates of both Congress and SAD from Faridkot Lok Sabha seat, disgruntled Congress leader Sukhwinder Singh Danny and SAD leader Seetal Singh on Saturday withdrew their candidature.
Both leaders had filed their nomination papers as an independent candidate after being denied party ticket.
SAD leaders and three-time MLA Seetal Singh withdrew his nomination after being asked by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, party sources said here.
Seetal Singh had filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate against SAD nominee Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan.
Danny who was also seeking party ticket from Faridkot had decided to contest against Congress candidate Joginder Singh as an Independent.
Danny, after withdrawing his candidature, today said that he took this decision as "desired by the Congress high command".
Danny said, "As loyal soldier and party man, he will not contest and accordingly withdrew from the contest."
Danny had contested from the Faridkot Lok Sabha seat in 2009 polls and lost to SAD candidate Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan by a margin of 62,042 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured