Disgruntled Congress, SAD leaders withdraw nomination from Faridkot
Faridkot: In a relief for candidates of both Congress and SAD from Faridkot Lok Sabha seat, disgruntled Congress leader Sukhwinder Singh Danny and SAD leader Seetal Singh on Saturday withdrew their candidature.
Both leaders had filed their nomination papers as an independent candidate after being denied party ticket.
SAD leaders and three-time MLA Seetal Singh withdrew his nomination after being asked by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, party sources said here.
Seetal Singh had filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate against SAD nominee Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan.
Danny who was also seeking party ticket from Faridkot had decided to contest against Congress candidate Joginder Singh as an Independent.
Danny, after withdrawing his candidature, today said that he took this decision as "desired by the Congress high command".
Danny said, "As loyal soldier and party man, he will not contest and accordingly withdrew from the contest."
Danny had contested from the Faridkot Lok Sabha seat in 2009 polls and lost to SAD candidate Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan by a margin of 62,042 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre