Disgruntled Congress, SAD leaders withdraw nomination from Faridkot
Faridkot: In a relief for candidates of both Congress and SAD from Faridkot Lok Sabha seat, disgruntled Congress leader Sukhwinder Singh Danny and SAD leader Seetal Singh on Saturday withdrew their candidature.
Both leaders had filed their nomination papers as an independent candidate after being denied party ticket.
SAD leaders and three-time MLA Seetal Singh withdrew his nomination after being asked by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, party sources said here.
Seetal Singh had filed his nomination papers as an independent candidate against SAD nominee Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan.
Danny who was also seeking party ticket from Faridkot had decided to contest against Congress candidate Joginder Singh as an Independent.
Danny, after withdrawing his candidature, today said that he took this decision as "desired by the Congress high command".
Danny said, "As loyal soldier and party man, he will not contest and accordingly withdrew from the contest."
Danny had contested from the Faridkot Lok Sabha seat in 2009 polls and lost to SAD candidate Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan by a margin of 62,042 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt