Divisive forces will meet their Waterloo in this LS polls: NC
Jammu: Ruling National Conference (NC) on Thursday said that divisive and opportunistic political forces will meet their Waterloo in this Lok Sabha elections and asked people to make an informed choice.
"Divisive and opportunistic political forces will meet their Waterloo in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections. Time has come when the people have to make a decisive choice between progress and false sloganeering," NC Vice President Rattan Lal Gupta said here today.
Gupta, accompanied by MLC Vijay Bakaya, was addressing Kashmiri migrants at Purkho, Burnai and Bantalab while campaigning for NC Chief Farooq Abdullah from Srinagar and Sharief-ud-Din Shariq from Baramulla Lok Sabha constituencies in the Kashmir Valley.
"NC stands for peace, progress and development while those indulging in double speak want to take the state back to chaos and instability," Gupta said.
He lauded the resilience of displaced people in braving difficult situation, saying the government led by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was aware of their problems and sincere efforts were being made to mitigate them.
Speaking on the occasions, Bakaya urged the people to make best use of their votes and cast it in favour of those who have all along stood by their side.
He said democratic and secular forces were needed to be strengthened to herald a new era of peace and tranquility in the state, with equal opportunities of progress to all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'