DMDK founder Vijyakanth greets Modi
Chennai: BJP ally and DMDK founder Vijyakanth today greeted Narendra Modi for the "grand success" of NDA under his leadership and expressed hope that the Gujarat Chief Minister would give a corruption-free administration like his home state.
Extending his wishes to the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, the actor-turned politician expressed hope that Modi would fulfill the `aspirations of the country`s common people in all fields and provide corrupt free administration as in Gujarat."
"I hope under your leadership poverty in India will be eradicated and achieve great economic development," he said in his congratulatory message to Modi.
DMDK faced the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in the state under the NDA but appeared on course for extended winning drought, trailing in all the 14 seats it contested after hard and protracted bargaining.
The party had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha polls alone but did not win a single seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai