DMDK founder Vijyakanth greets Modi
Chennai: BJP ally and DMDK founder Vijyakanth today greeted Narendra Modi for the "grand success" of NDA under his leadership and expressed hope that the Gujarat Chief Minister would give a corruption-free administration like his home state.
Extending his wishes to the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, the actor-turned politician expressed hope that Modi would fulfill the `aspirations of the country`s common people in all fields and provide corrupt free administration as in Gujarat."
"I hope under your leadership poverty in India will be eradicated and achieve great economic development," he said in his congratulatory message to Modi.
DMDK faced the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in the state under the NDA but appeared on course for extended winning drought, trailing in all the 14 seats it contested after hard and protracted bargaining.
The party had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha polls alone but did not win a single seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok