DMDK founder Vijyakanth greets Modi
Chennai: BJP ally and DMDK founder Vijyakanth today greeted Narendra Modi for the "grand success" of NDA under his leadership and expressed hope that the Gujarat Chief Minister would give a corruption-free administration like his home state.
Extending his wishes to the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, the actor-turned politician expressed hope that Modi would fulfill the `aspirations of the country`s common people in all fields and provide corrupt free administration as in Gujarat."
"I hope under your leadership poverty in India will be eradicated and achieve great economic development," he said in his congratulatory message to Modi.
DMDK faced the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in the state under the NDA but appeared on course for extended winning drought, trailing in all the 14 seats it contested after hard and protracted bargaining.
The party had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha polls alone but did not win a single seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal