DMDK MLA booked for stopping election officials from recording meet
Salem: A case has been registered against Salem DMDK MLA Mohanraj for allegedly preventing election flying squad officials from trying to take video footage of a party workers meeting here.
Mohanraj along with the party`s candidate for the Salem Lok Sabha constituency Sudhish was conducting the meeting here last evening when election flying squad official Tahsildhar Karpagavalli and Village Administrative Officer Mariappan along with a cameraman visited the site.
When the team tried to enter the venue of the meeting to take video footage, Mohanraj objected to it, police said.
Police, who were informed, registered a case against the MLA under various IPC sections including 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty).
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion