DMDK MLA booked for stopping election officials from recording meet
Salem: A case has been registered against Salem DMDK MLA Mohanraj for allegedly preventing election flying squad officials from trying to take video footage of a party workers meeting here.
Mohanraj along with the party`s candidate for the Salem Lok Sabha constituency Sudhish was conducting the meeting here last evening when election flying squad official Tahsildhar Karpagavalli and Village Administrative Officer Mariappan along with a cameraman visited the site.
When the team tried to enter the venue of the meeting to take video footage, Mohanraj objected to it, police said.
Police, who were informed, registered a case against the MLA under various IPC sections including 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September