DMDK MLA booked for stopping election officials from recording meet
Salem: A case has been registered against Salem DMDK MLA Mohanraj for allegedly preventing election flying squad officials from trying to take video footage of a party workers meeting here.
Mohanraj along with the party`s candidate for the Salem Lok Sabha constituency Sudhish was conducting the meeting here last evening when election flying squad official Tahsildhar Karpagavalli and Village Administrative Officer Mariappan along with a cameraman visited the site.
When the team tried to enter the venue of the meeting to take video footage, Mohanraj objected to it, police said.
Police, who were informed, registered a case against the MLA under various IPC sections including 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi