DMDK MLA booked for stopping election officials from recording meet
Salem: A case has been registered against Salem DMDK MLA Mohanraj for allegedly preventing election flying squad officials from trying to take video footage of a party workers meeting here.
Mohanraj along with the party`s candidate for the Salem Lok Sabha constituency Sudhish was conducting the meeting here last evening when election flying squad official Tahsildhar Karpagavalli and Village Administrative Officer Mariappan along with a cameraman visited the site.
When the team tried to enter the venue of the meeting to take video footage, Mohanraj objected to it, police said.
Police, who were informed, registered a case against the MLA under various IPC sections including 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- As Virat Kohli and co prepare for WI tour, MS Dhoni enjoys bike ride in Ranchi rain
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much