DMDK MLA booked for stopping election officials from recording meet
Salem: A case has been registered against Salem DMDK MLA Mohanraj for allegedly preventing election flying squad officials from trying to take video footage of a party workers meeting here.
Mohanraj along with the party`s candidate for the Salem Lok Sabha constituency Sudhish was conducting the meeting here last evening when election flying squad official Tahsildhar Karpagavalli and Village Administrative Officer Mariappan along with a cameraman visited the site.
When the team tried to enter the venue of the meeting to take video footage, Mohanraj objected to it, police said.
Police, who were informed, registered a case against the MLA under various IPC sections including 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar