Does country need a leader or an event manager? Nitish Kumar on Modi
Patna: Taking a cue from veteran BJP leader LK Advani`s comment on Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday wondered if the country needed a leader or an event manager.
"Recently, I saw that Advani said about Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager. Does the country need a leader or an event manager?" he told reporters.
Kumar said this when he was asked that Advani has praised BJP manifesto which has imprint of its Prime Ministerial candidate and does this reflect his change of heart?
Kumar`s good rapport with the BJP patriarch is well known.
He decided to end ties with BJP after it chose to elevate his arch rival Narendra Modi in place of Advani, say political observers.
Even after the end of the alliance between BJP and JD(U), Kumar had met the BJP veteran warmly at a meeting of the National Development Council at Delhi recently which was prominently captured by cameras.
More recently in the wake of the controversy over Advani being alloted the Gandhinagar seat instead of Bhopal, Kumar had said the veteran leader had been "caged" in Gandhinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees