Does country need a leader or an event manager? Nitish Kumar on Modi
Patna: Taking a cue from veteran BJP leader LK Advani`s comment on Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday wondered if the country needed a leader or an event manager.
"Recently, I saw that Advani said about Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager. Does the country need a leader or an event manager?" he told reporters.
Kumar said this when he was asked that Advani has praised BJP manifesto which has imprint of its Prime Ministerial candidate and does this reflect his change of heart?
Kumar`s good rapport with the BJP patriarch is well known.
He decided to end ties with BJP after it chose to elevate his arch rival Narendra Modi in place of Advani, say political observers.
Even after the end of the alliance between BJP and JD(U), Kumar had met the BJP veteran warmly at a meeting of the National Development Council at Delhi recently which was prominently captured by cameras.
More recently in the wake of the controversy over Advani being alloted the Gandhinagar seat instead of Bhopal, Kumar had said the veteran leader had been "caged" in Gandhinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations