Does country need a leader or an event manager? Nitish Kumar on Modi
Patna: Taking a cue from veteran BJP leader LK Advani`s comment on Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday wondered if the country needed a leader or an event manager.
"Recently, I saw that Advani said about Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager. Does the country need a leader or an event manager?" he told reporters.
Kumar said this when he was asked that Advani has praised BJP manifesto which has imprint of its Prime Ministerial candidate and does this reflect his change of heart?
Kumar`s good rapport with the BJP patriarch is well known.
He decided to end ties with BJP after it chose to elevate his arch rival Narendra Modi in place of Advani, say political observers.
Even after the end of the alliance between BJP and JD(U), Kumar had met the BJP veteran warmly at a meeting of the National Development Council at Delhi recently which was prominently captured by cameras.
More recently in the wake of the controversy over Advani being alloted the Gandhinagar seat instead of Bhopal, Kumar had said the veteran leader had been "caged" in Gandhinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown