Does country need a leader or an event manager? Nitish Kumar on Modi
Patna: Taking a cue from veteran BJP leader LK Advani`s comment on Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday wondered if the country needed a leader or an event manager.
"Recently, I saw that Advani said about Narendra Modi that he is a good event manager. Does the country need a leader or an event manager?" he told reporters.
Kumar said this when he was asked that Advani has praised BJP manifesto which has imprint of its Prime Ministerial candidate and does this reflect his change of heart?
Kumar`s good rapport with the BJP patriarch is well known.
He decided to end ties with BJP after it chose to elevate his arch rival Narendra Modi in place of Advani, say political observers.
Even after the end of the alliance between BJP and JD(U), Kumar had met the BJP veteran warmly at a meeting of the National Development Council at Delhi recently which was prominently captured by cameras.
More recently in the wake of the controversy over Advani being alloted the Gandhinagar seat instead of Bhopal, Kumar had said the veteran leader had been "caged" in Gandhinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 'Happy Bhaag Jayegi' helmer's next is a biopic on poet Batalvi
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 1 — Dhawan, Kohli put up good show
- India's bid continues to be under consideration of NSG: Government
- India lashes out at Pakistan over Kashmir, says 'stop inciting terrorism, vacate PoK'
- Pakistan caught on the backfoot! Photos of ISI's links with Hafiz Saeed emerge