`Dream girl` pitches for Narendra Modi
Motihari: Pitching in for Narendra Modi as Prime Minister, actress-turned-politician Hema Malini on Saturday said the people were fed up with corruption and social evils under Congress rule and looking eagerly for a change.
"People of India are fed up with rampant corruption and prevalence of social evils during Congress rule," Malini said addressing an election rally here in favour of party candidate Radha Mohan Singh.
Only a strong government under Narendra Modi could rid the country off all these problems, the actress, popularly known as `dream girl`, said.
The actress who herself has contested from Mathura Lok Sabha seat on BJP ticket has hit the campaign trail after end of voting in her constituency on April 30.
She made a scathing attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad and state Chief Minister Nitish Kumar blaming them for the backwardness of Bihar.
The pace of development in Bihar has halted in Nitish Kumar regime after BJP got out the ministry, she said.
At another meeting at Bettiah, Hema Malini met an over-enthusiastic crowd on whom the police had to use mild lathicharge to keep them at a distance from the actress.
The incident occurred when she was boarding a helicopter. After being controlled by the police, the crowd got restless and some of them threw chappals at the chopper.
However, the situation was soon brought under control and the actress flew away.
Incidentally, BJP`s Sanjay Jaiswal is pitted against noted film-maker and JD(U) nominee Prakash Jha from Bettiah Lok Sabha seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees