EC asks Nagaland CM to clarify his statement
Imphal: The Election Commission has asked Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio to clarify his reported statement criticising Manipur government as "Anti-Naga Administration".
The reply of Rio would be forwarded to the Election Commission of India, state Chief Electoral Officer O Nabakishore told reporters here yesterday,
It has been reported from Senapati and Tamenglong districts in Manipur that Rio, during recent election campaign in these districts to support Naga People`s Front candidate Sosho Lorho, had blamed the state government for "division of the Nagas and acting as anti-Naga administration."
Nabakishore said concerned deputy commissioners of the districts had also been asked to submit their reports on Rio`s speeches.
Manipur Chief Minister Ibobi Singh said Rio`s visit to the state did not follow rules as no such prior information had been given to the state government.
Although Ibobi Singh did not react to Rio`s reported statement, but Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam said Rio will not succeed in breaking up Manipur.
Manipur NCP unit President Laishom Ibomcha said his party would complain to the Election Commission of India against Rio for violating Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand