EC asks Nagaland CM to clarify his statement
Imphal: The Election Commission has asked Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio to clarify his reported statement criticising Manipur government as "Anti-Naga Administration".
The reply of Rio would be forwarded to the Election Commission of India, state Chief Electoral Officer O Nabakishore told reporters here yesterday,
It has been reported from Senapati and Tamenglong districts in Manipur that Rio, during recent election campaign in these districts to support Naga People`s Front candidate Sosho Lorho, had blamed the state government for "division of the Nagas and acting as anti-Naga administration."
Nabakishore said concerned deputy commissioners of the districts had also been asked to submit their reports on Rio`s speeches.
Manipur Chief Minister Ibobi Singh said Rio`s visit to the state did not follow rules as no such prior information had been given to the state government.
Although Ibobi Singh did not react to Rio`s reported statement, but Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam said Rio will not succeed in breaking up Manipur.
Manipur NCP unit President Laishom Ibomcha said his party would complain to the Election Commission of India against Rio for violating Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’