EC discriminates with Samajwadi Party, alleges Mulayam Singh Yadav
Auraiya: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that the Election Commission was discriminating with SP as it had not lifted the ban on campaigning of state minister Mohd Azam Khan while BJP UP in charge Amit Shah was given permission to campaign.
"BJP UP in charge Amit Shah was given permission to campaign but the ban on state Cabinet Minister Mohd Azam Khan continues, which was a clear sign of discrimination," addressing an election rally here Yadav said.
Yadav said there was a straight fight between SP and BJP in the Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh, and no government would be formed at the Centre without SP`s support.
Claiming that SP fulfils its promises, Mulayam said if voted to power the party would provide employments to youths.
The Election Commission had ordered the UP government to ban Shah and UP minister Azam Khan from campaigning in the state following their controversial remarks on April 11.
Later, the EC had lifted its ban on Shah`s participation in Lok Sabha poll campaign in Uttar Pradesh on April 17 after he assured the poll body that he would not disturb the public tranquillity and law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!