EC discriminates with Samajwadi Party, alleges Mulayam Singh Yadav
Auraiya: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that the Election Commission was discriminating with SP as it had not lifted the ban on campaigning of state minister Mohd Azam Khan while BJP UP in charge Amit Shah was given permission to campaign.
"BJP UP in charge Amit Shah was given permission to campaign but the ban on state Cabinet Minister Mohd Azam Khan continues, which was a clear sign of discrimination," addressing an election rally here Yadav said.
Yadav said there was a straight fight between SP and BJP in the Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh, and no government would be formed at the Centre without SP`s support.
Claiming that SP fulfils its promises, Mulayam said if voted to power the party would provide employments to youths.
The Election Commission had ordered the UP government to ban Shah and UP minister Azam Khan from campaigning in the state following their controversial remarks on April 11.
Later, the EC had lifted its ban on Shah`s participation in Lok Sabha poll campaign in Uttar Pradesh on April 17 after he assured the poll body that he would not disturb the public tranquillity and law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?