EC expresses displeasure over Beni Prasad Verma`s remarks against Modi
New Delhi: The Election Commission today conveyed its "displeasure" to Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma for his "biggest goon" remarks against Narendra Modi and warned him against making such statements in future.
The order of the Commission came after the senior Congress leader responded to the poll body`s show cause notice issued to him last week.
"The Commission has considered the aforesaid reply carefully and has again seen the video recording of his impugned speech and is convinced that he has made a provocative speech using intemperate/abusive language, and thus violated the Model Code of Conduct.
"Now...The Commission conveys its displeasure over the statement made by him during the election meeting held at Balrampur, for the said misconduct and warns him not to repeat in future," the EC order said.
An FIR has already been registered against Verma in Balrampur for calling BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi the "biggest goonda" of RSS and party`s President Rajnath Singh his "slave".
Verma had on April 1 stoked a controversy by dubbing Modi as the "biggest goonda" (goon) of RSS.
"Modi could not have become prime ministerial candidate without the nod of Rajnath Singh. This proves that Rajnath Singh is not the president of the party but Modi`s slave (ghulam)," Verma had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands