EC flying squad conducts check at Kejriwal office in Varanasi
Varanasi: An Election Commission flying squad on Monday conducted a surprise check at Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal`s election office in Varanasi where he is pitted against Narendra Modi, following a complaint by BJP.
"A complaint was made by a BJP worker that around 60 lakh copies of newspaper `AAP ki Kranti` were being delivered to Kejriwal`s office at Shivajinagar Colony in Mehmoorganj area of the city," District Magistrate-cum-District Election officer Pranjal Yadav told PTI.
"But the flying squad comprising zonal magistrates found only one lakh ninety-two thousand copies of its newspaper while the AAP had taken permission for two lakh copies to be delivered to their office here," Yadav said.
AAP media coordinator Prerna Prasad alleged the district election officials were having a biased approach towards his party and were not paying heed to t-shirts and sarees being distributed by BJP leaders among voters.
Gifts including t-shirts and sarees had also been distributed during the roadshow of BJP PM nominee Narendra Modi on April 24, the day when he also filed his nomination papers in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4