EC ignoring breach of MCC by BJP, cancel Modi`s nomination, says SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Thursday accused the Election Commission of ignoring breach of poll codes by BJP and demanded cancellation of the nomination of the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from Varanasi for violating Model Code of Conduct.
Modi today filed his nomination for the high-profile electoral battle in Varanasi Lok Sabha seat after a mega road show.
"Modi`s roadshow was blatant violation of Model Code of conduct. The EC which had issued notices to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mohd Azam Khan is ignoring poll code violations by BJP. It also overlooks statements of other parties...It should cancel nominations of Modi," said Rajendra Chowdhury, Samajwadi Party Spokesperson.
He alleged that the EC was giving "unconstitutional" freedom to BJP.
The way in which EC is giving freedom to them (BJP) was unconstitutional, and a matter of concern, Chowdhury added.
Alleging that "atmosphere of terror" was created by the members of RSS, Bajrang Dal and workers who have come to the city from outside Varanasi, he said due to this tourists had were running away and locals were afraid of coming out due to gathering of "karsewaks".
"RSS, Bajrang Dal and people of outside have created atmosphere of terror in Varanasi. The district administration failed to check entry of so many people during nominations, where selected people are allowed. His filing of nomination was also telecast live on TV channels," Chowdhury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan