EC issues notification for Anantnag Parliamentary seat
Srinagar: Election Commission on Saturday issued notification for Anantnag Parliamentary constituency in Jammu and Kashmir which will go to polls on April 24.
According to the notification, the last date for filing of nominations for the Anantnag Lok Sabha seat is April 5 while the scrutiny of nomination papers will be conducted on April 7.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 9.
The Anantnag Lok Sabha seat -- spread over four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian -? has 12.72 lakh voters, including 6,01,688 female voters, who are eligible to cast their votes at 1,615 polling stations to be set up in the constituency.
Ruling National Conference candidate and sitting Lok Sabha member from Anantnag Mehboob Beg will lock horns with Opposition Peoples Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti.
Aam Aadmi Party has pitted Tanveer Maqbool Dar, son of former Union Minister Mohammad Maqbool Dar from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie