EC issues notification for Anantnag Parliamentary seat
Srinagar: Election Commission on Saturday issued notification for Anantnag Parliamentary constituency in Jammu and Kashmir which will go to polls on April 24.
According to the notification, the last date for filing of nominations for the Anantnag Lok Sabha seat is April 5 while the scrutiny of nomination papers will be conducted on April 7.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 9.
The Anantnag Lok Sabha seat -- spread over four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian -? has 12.72 lakh voters, including 6,01,688 female voters, who are eligible to cast their votes at 1,615 polling stations to be set up in the constituency.
Ruling National Conference candidate and sitting Lok Sabha member from Anantnag Mehboob Beg will lock horns with Opposition Peoples Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti.
Aam Aadmi Party has pitted Tanveer Maqbool Dar, son of former Union Minister Mohammad Maqbool Dar from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing