EC issues notification for Anantnag Parliamentary seat
Srinagar: Election Commission on Saturday issued notification for Anantnag Parliamentary constituency in Jammu and Kashmir which will go to polls on April 24.
According to the notification, the last date for filing of nominations for the Anantnag Lok Sabha seat is April 5 while the scrutiny of nomination papers will be conducted on April 7.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 9.
The Anantnag Lok Sabha seat -- spread over four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian -? has 12.72 lakh voters, including 6,01,688 female voters, who are eligible to cast their votes at 1,615 polling stations to be set up in the constituency.
Ruling National Conference candidate and sitting Lok Sabha member from Anantnag Mehboob Beg will lock horns with Opposition Peoples Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti.
Aam Aadmi Party has pitted Tanveer Maqbool Dar, son of former Union Minister Mohammad Maqbool Dar from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra