EC notice to three candidates in Vijayawada
Vijayawada: The Election Commission on Friday issued notices to three candidates, including those belonging to YSRCP and TDP contesting from Vijyawada Lok Sabha constituency, for violation of Model Code of Conduct.
While YSRCP`s Koneru Rajendra Prasad and TDP nominee Kesineni Srinivas were charged with distributing T-shirts with their pictures to voters, an independent candidate was accused of pasting his posters on public property.
"An FIR was registered against Koneru Prasad at G Konduru police station for distributing 200 T-shirts to voters with his photographs printed on them.
Similarly, Srinivas distributed 500 T-shirts and about 50 sarees carried his pictures on them," Returning Officer and Joint Collector J Murali said.
Notice was issued against independent candidate for pasting his posters on public property in Tiruvuru village.
"The three candidates have been asked to reply within a day and action would be initiated against those who fail to respond," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt