EC orders repoll at 33 polling centres in Bihar
Patna: The Election Commission today ordered repoll at 33 polling centres spread across five Lok Sabha constituencies in Bihar, an official said here.
The repoll dates for the centres in Karakat, Aurangabad, Gaya, Nawada and Jamui Lok Sabha constituencies, which went to polls yesterday during the first phase of elections in the state, would be announced later on, Additional Chief Electoral Officer R Lakshmanan said.
"A majority of the centres on which repoll will be conducted are those where polling party could not reach due to security reasons. Complaints from voters, faulty EVMs and clash at two or three booths are the other reasons for repoll," Lakshmanan said.
Jamui, with 19, has the highest number of centres where repoll would be held. It would be followed by Nawada with six, Aurangabad with four as well as Gaya and Karakat with two centres each, he said.
Lakshmanan said the EC has marked deficiencies in the first phase of polls and has issued instructions to remove them in the rest of the five phases of elections in the state. This includes monitoring of polling through SMS.
Aaprt from the five Lok Sabha seats, voting was held yesterday for the Sasarm constituency.
Meanwhile, the nomination process for the fifth phase of elections in the state for Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Maharajganj, Saran, Hajipur and Ujiyarpur constituencies will start tomorrow and the polling will be held on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark