EC orders repoll at two polling stations in Bihar
Patna: The Election Commission on Thursday recommended repoll at two polling stations in Bihar which had gone to polls during the fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections.
The date and time of repoll at the two polling stations in Sitamarhi constituency will be announced later, Additional Chief Electoral Officer R Lakshmanan said.
"Repoll has been recommended at two polling stations in Sitamarhi constituency. One of them is at Bathnaha, where a person was killed in police firing yesterday," he said.
However, no repoll has been ordered at any polling station in Sheohar, Ujiarpur, Muzaffarpur, Hajipur, Saran and Maharajganj constituencies, he added.
Former Chief Minister and RJD President Lalu Prasad`s wife Rabri Devi is pitted against former Union minister and BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy in Saran constituency.
Meanwhile, preparations for the sixth and last phase of elections in the state are on with the EC ordering movement of security forces to the six poll-bound constituencies of Vaishali, Siwan, Gopalganj, East Champaran, West Champaran and Valmikinagar.
"In this phase we will have to seal not only the Indo-Nepal border, but also the boundary with Uttar Pradesh as a few constituencies are located along it," Lakshmanan said.
Of the six constituencies, Valmikinagar, East Champaran and West Champaran are located along the Indo-Nepal border. Incidentally, Valmikinagar, West Champaran, Gopalganj and Siwan share border with Uttar Pradesh as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what