EC orders repoll in five polling booths in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Election Commission on Wednesday ordered repoll at five booths in West Bengal which went to the polls on May 12 in the fifth and final phase of the Lok Sabha elections in the state.
The repoll, which would be conducted tomorrow, followed complaints lodged by the Congress, BJP and Left parties alleging rampant rigging and booth-capturing at many polling stations and malfunctioning of EVMs.
"Reports of the fifth phase election had been sent to the EC for scrutiny and we have received order for repoll in five polling stations," Assistant CEO Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said.
The polling stations are No. 82 under Asoknagar assembly segment of Barasat parliamentary constituency, No. 145 under Haroa assembly segment of Basirhat parliamentary constituency, No. 253 under Basirhat South assembly segment of Basirhar parliamentary constituency and No. 225 and No. 226 under Canning East assembly segment of Joynagar parliamentary constituency, Bhattacharya said.
The repoll would be held from 7 AM to 6 PM amidst tight security, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?