EC orders repoll in five polling booths in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Election Commission on Wednesday ordered repoll at five booths in West Bengal which went to the polls on May 12 in the fifth and final phase of the Lok Sabha elections in the state.
The repoll, which would be conducted tomorrow, followed complaints lodged by the Congress, BJP and Left parties alleging rampant rigging and booth-capturing at many polling stations and malfunctioning of EVMs.
"Reports of the fifth phase election had been sent to the EC for scrutiny and we have received order for repoll in five polling stations," Assistant CEO Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said.
The polling stations are No. 82 under Asoknagar assembly segment of Barasat parliamentary constituency, No. 145 under Haroa assembly segment of Basirhat parliamentary constituency, No. 253 under Basirhat South assembly segment of Basirhar parliamentary constituency and No. 225 and No. 226 under Canning East assembly segment of Joynagar parliamentary constituency, Bhattacharya said.
The repoll would be held from 7 AM to 6 PM amidst tight security, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state