EC orders repoll in five polling booths in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Election Commission on Wednesday ordered repoll at five booths in West Bengal which went to the polls on May 12 in the fifth and final phase of the Lok Sabha elections in the state.
The repoll, which would be conducted tomorrow, followed complaints lodged by the Congress, BJP and Left parties alleging rampant rigging and booth-capturing at many polling stations and malfunctioning of EVMs.
"Reports of the fifth phase election had been sent to the EC for scrutiny and we have received order for repoll in five polling stations," Assistant CEO Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said.
The polling stations are No. 82 under Asoknagar assembly segment of Barasat parliamentary constituency, No. 145 under Haroa assembly segment of Basirhat parliamentary constituency, No. 253 under Basirhat South assembly segment of Basirhar parliamentary constituency and No. 225 and No. 226 under Canning East assembly segment of Joynagar parliamentary constituency, Bhattacharya said.
The repoll would be held from 7 AM to 6 PM amidst tight security, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!