EC orders repoll in one booth in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: The Election Commission on Wednesday ordered repoll in one booth in the Edappadi Assembly segment under Salem Lok Sabha constituency, following malfunction in an Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) used there during polling on April 24.
The re-polling will be held tomorrow as the "EVM displayed the message `Unknown Mode` and as such the result recorded in the machine cannot be retrieved during the counting of votes," Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Praveen Kumar said.
This is the third such instance of repolling in Tamil Nadu on grounds of EVM problem. On May 10, repolling was held in another polling station in Salem and one in Namakkal Lok Sabha constituencies.
Kumar said a new EVM would be used in tomorrow`s repolling, being held just a day ahead of counting of votes, and indelible ink will be applied on the left middle finger of the voters.
Those who could not vote on April 24 can also excercise their franchise provided their names were in the electoral roll, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29