EC relaxes Model Code to allow certain activities in Haryana
Chandigarh: Relaxing Model Code of Conduct, the EC has decided to allow certain activities, including tours of ministers to districts, in Haryana and Union Territory Chandigarh, where polling has been completed, an EC official said.
The EC has decided to allow certain activities as tours of ministers to districts and review and implementation of the ongoing programmes in the field, in the states and Union Territories, including Haryana and Chandigarh, where polling has been completed, except in such districts where repoll, if any, is pending, Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad said today.
"These include tours of ministers to districts, and accompaniment of officers on such tours, review and implementation of the ongoing programmes in the field and review with field officers, except for officers who are on election duty," he said.
"Similarly, calling a review meeting of officers at the headquarters except for officers who are on election duty and tour of ministers outside the state or country are among the other activities which have been allowed by the Election Commission," he said in an official release here.
Polling for all the 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana and one seat of Chandigarh was held on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70