EC relaxes Model Code to allow certain activities in Haryana
Chandigarh: Relaxing Model Code of Conduct, the EC has decided to allow certain activities, including tours of ministers to districts, in Haryana and Union Territory Chandigarh, where polling has been completed, an EC official said.
The EC has decided to allow certain activities as tours of ministers to districts and review and implementation of the ongoing programmes in the field, in the states and Union Territories, including Haryana and Chandigarh, where polling has been completed, except in such districts where repoll, if any, is pending, Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad said today.
"These include tours of ministers to districts, and accompaniment of officers on such tours, review and implementation of the ongoing programmes in the field and review with field officers, except for officers who are on election duty," he said.
"Similarly, calling a review meeting of officers at the headquarters except for officers who are on election duty and tour of ministers outside the state or country are among the other activities which have been allowed by the Election Commission," he said in an official release here.
Polling for all the 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana and one seat of Chandigarh was held on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you