EC replaces DEO after E Kameng violence
Itanagar: Election Commission has replaced East Kameng district election officer (DEO) Tarin Dakpe and appointed election officer Sandeep Kumar Singh in his place following post-poll violence there.
Dakpe was replaced yesterday after he himself pleaded to the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) for his replacement on Friday, election office sources said here today.
IGP (Law and order) Satyendra Garg who air-dashed to Seppa here with Singh yesterday, reviewed the law and order situation and advised Singh to discharge his duties impartially.
Garg today said the situation in the district headquarters worsened following the attack on district`s DRDA project director Kego Jelien in front of the DEO officer on Friday and the administration failed to tackle it.
While Jilen was airlifted in a critical condition to Itanagar for treatment in the late afternoon, additional forces have been sent to the district for preventing escalation of law and order problems.
Meanwhile, the electronics voting machines (EVMs) from various polling booths were received and sealed in 17 strong rooms yesterday.
The retrieval of EVMs of Kurung Kumey district depended on materialization of air sorties, Nirvachan Bhawan sources said.
Reports received so far indicated that re-polling is likely in about 24 polling stations in East Kameng, Upper Subansiri, Kurung Kumey, West and East Siang districts, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof