EC sends special observer to constituency of Rabri, Rudy
New Delhi: A special observer has been deployed by Election Commission to Bihar`s two constituencies of Maharajganj and Saran, which are witnessing a high-voltage campaign, to monitor poll management and keep track of electoral activities there.
Former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi, a candidate of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), and BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy are contesting from Saran seat.
Sitting MP Prabhunath Singh is again fighting election from Maharajganj constituency as RJD candidate. He is facing stiff competition from Janata Dal (United) strongman Manoranjan Singh.
The Commission has deputed Sanjay Bhoosreddy, a 1989 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, as special observer "to monitor the election management and keep track of electoral activities for the general election" in Maharajganj and Saran seats, according to an official order.
The special observer is being sent to Bihar due to an ongoing high-voltage poll battle among candidates in the two constituencies, official sources said.
There are already police, expenditure and general observers deployed in these constituencies.
Polling in Maharajganj and Saran is scheduled to be held on May 7.
Sanjay`s tenure will be from tomorrow till May 7, the order said. Two non-bailable warrants were issued against Prabhunath Singh last week after he violated the Model Code of Conduct and allegedly threatened the District Magistrate there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion