EC shifts three DMs, one DIG in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Election Commission has shifted three district magistrates and a DIG rank police officer from their places of posting after they were accused of failing to maintain neutrality in their functioning.
The EC took the action after different political parties lodged complaint against the officers two days ago accusing them of not maintaining impartiality and neutrality in their functioning, EC sources said.
ECI has appointed Labour Commissioner Shalini Pandit as the new Collector of Khurda district in place of Niranjan Sahu while Director, Special Project Panchayati Raj Nitin Bhanudas Jawle will replace Ratnakar Rout as the District Magistrate of Kendrapara district.
Project Director, District Rural Development Agency Md Sadique Alam is the new District Magistrate of Nabarangpur in place of S S Nayak.
Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Southern Range, Amitav Thakur has been replaced by IG Sushant Nath as per the order of the EC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad