EC shifts three DMs, one DIG in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Election Commission has shifted three district magistrates and a DIG rank police officer from their places of posting after they were accused of failing to maintain neutrality in their functioning.
The EC took the action after different political parties lodged complaint against the officers two days ago accusing them of not maintaining impartiality and neutrality in their functioning, EC sources said.
ECI has appointed Labour Commissioner Shalini Pandit as the new Collector of Khurda district in place of Niranjan Sahu while Director, Special Project Panchayati Raj Nitin Bhanudas Jawle will replace Ratnakar Rout as the District Magistrate of Kendrapara district.
Project Director, District Rural Development Agency Md Sadique Alam is the new District Magistrate of Nabarangpur in place of S S Nayak.
Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Southern Range, Amitav Thakur has been replaced by IG Sushant Nath as per the order of the EC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song