EC shifts three DMs, one DIG in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Election Commission has shifted three district magistrates and a DIG rank police officer from their places of posting after they were accused of failing to maintain neutrality in their functioning.
The EC took the action after different political parties lodged complaint against the officers two days ago accusing them of not maintaining impartiality and neutrality in their functioning, EC sources said.
ECI has appointed Labour Commissioner Shalini Pandit as the new Collector of Khurda district in place of Niranjan Sahu while Director, Special Project Panchayati Raj Nitin Bhanudas Jawle will replace Ratnakar Rout as the District Magistrate of Kendrapara district.
Project Director, District Rural Development Agency Md Sadique Alam is the new District Magistrate of Nabarangpur in place of S S Nayak.
Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Southern Range, Amitav Thakur has been replaced by IG Sushant Nath as per the order of the EC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur