EC should ban Modi, Shah for communalising elections: Beni
Lucknow: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma today alleged SP and BJP were hand in glove with each other in communalising elections and sought a "ban" by the Election Commission on campaigning by leaders Narendra Modi and Amit Shah in Uttar Pradesh.
"The elections are deliberately being communalised by SP and BJP...Election commission should take cognisance of it and ban Modi and Shah in Uttar Pradesh", Verma told reporters.
Mentioning Shah`s speech in Bijnore in which he termed Mulayam as "mullah Mulayam", Verma said as Mulayam is scheduled to address rally in Muzaffarnagar and Modi in Aligarh today, and Shah deliberately made this statement preparing a "background" for their speeches.
"BJP and SP are hand in glove with each other in communalising elections..Shah made this statement so that Muslims could go with Samajwadi Party, while Hindus could support BJP", he alleged.
Alleging Muzaffarnagar riots were "planned handiwork" of BJP and SP, Verma said,"After 84-Kosi parikrama failed in Ayodhya, SP and BJP planned Muzaffarnagar riots..As they wanted the communal atmosphere for elections".
He also claimed that his ministry wanted to give Rs 10 crore cash to Muzaffarnagar riot victims and the cheque of the same was also ready but the "state government did not cooperate".
"We (steel ministry) also wanted to build steel homes for riot victims, but the state government bulldozed the camps and removed victims staying there", he alleged.
Verma further alleged that sending Shah as in-charge of BJP UP, against whom serious cases are pending in the court, itself shows plans of BJP to "communalise" the elections.
"Against Shah serious cases are pending..He is out on bail..Sending in to UP as in-charge of the party itself shows designs of the party", he said.
On 2002 Gujarat riots, the ministers alleged, "How can he (Modi) be innocent...He has been made a prime ministerial candidate to influence the SC (Supreme Court)..But he will have to go to jail".
Asking people to ignore media, which had given a lead to BJP in UP, Verma claimed that the next government at the Centre would be formed only by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends