EC slaps show cause notice on Mulayam for threatening teachers, `Neta ji` says SP will benefit from it
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Friday issued a show cause notice to Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav for allegedly threatening teachers to vote for his party.
As per reports, Mulayam had threatened the contractual government teachers in Bulandshahr saying that everyone should vote for SP to become a permanent government teacher.
“Mind my words, the Government will cancel the proposal to promote you people (Shiksha Mitra) to permanent teacher’s scale, if you do not vote for the SP in this election. Not only you, but your family members and friends should also vote for the SP. Nothing comes for free now. If the SP Government is working for your benefit, it is your responsibility to ensure the victory of SP in the election,” Yadav had said during an election rally.
Mulayam is also being criticised over his rape remarks.
Yadav, in a rally at Moradabad, had said, "Ladkon se aisi galtiyan ho jaati hain to iska ye matlab nahin ki phaansi de di jaye (Boys do make such mistakes but that does not mean that they should be sent to the gallows).”
Earlier, the National Commission for Women had sent a notice to the SP supremo for his rape remark.
Meanwhile, Mulayam Singh Yadav today came down heavily on the EC for serving notice on him over his rape remarks and barring senior party leader Azam Khan from addressing rallies, saying these actions were "violation of fundamental rights".
"The EC has banned Azam from delivering speeches and campaigning... I have been given notice on a false case of insulting women... This is my insult... We respect women and had fought for it and went to jail many times... I have sent poor woman Phulan Devi to Parliament... The actions of EC are violation of fundamental rights," Yadav said while addressing an election rally in Shahjahanpur district.
"No one can stop us from expressing our views... Due to EC action, there is resentment among people... SP is going to benefit from this," Yadav added.
Attacking Congress, Yadav said there is an atmosphere of disappointment in the Congress camp and it has realised that it is going to face defeat in this polls.
"Congress has realised that the UPA government is not going to return (to power), due to this there is atmosphere of disappointment in its camp.
Congress has betrayed the people due to which it is going to become weak. As Congress has become weak, a communal party like BJP has become strong in the country," Mulayam told the rally.
Claiming the Third Front would form the next government at the Centre, Yadav said his Samajwadi Party would play a crucial role in its formation.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone