EC yet to decide on repoll in fifth phase polling in WB
Kolkata: The Election Commission is yet to decide on repoll in any of the booths in West Bengal which went to the polls on May 12, in the fifth and final phase of Lok Sabha elections in the state.
"Reports of the fifth phase elections have been sent to the EC for scrutiny, but there is no feedback as yet," Assistant CEO Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said.
Congress, BJP and Left parties had alleged rampant rigging and booth capturing in the fifth of polls and had demanded repoll at a number of booths.
Meanwhile, repolling at 11 booths in the state today, which went to polls in the third phase on April 30, was peaceful.
"Turnout in the repoll at 11 booths today was 83 per cent and there was no report of any untoward incident," he said.
Repolling was held at Bhatar, Arambagh, Jamalpur, Ausgram, Mangalkot, Galsi and Birbhum under Burdwan East, Hooghly and Birbhum parliamentary constituencies because of various electoral malpractices.
At Galsi, there was also repoll in the Assembly by-elections, Bhattacharya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security