EC`s decision to ban Amit Shah campaigning wrong: Swamy
Guwahati: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Friday claimed that the Election Commission`s decision to lift the ban on campaigning by Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah was because it was wrong.
"The EC`s decision was wrong. It was a very bad decision to ban Amit Shah. That is why they lifted the ban," Swamy told reporters here.
The BJP leader claimed that it was deliberately done to strike a balance in Uttar Pradesh where SP leader Azam Khan was also censured by the EC.
Swamy also alleged that the Congress was uniting Muslims and dividing Hindus on the basis of castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci