EC`s decision to ban Amit Shah campaigning wrong: Swamy
Guwahati: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Friday claimed that the Election Commission`s decision to lift the ban on campaigning by Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah was because it was wrong.
"The EC`s decision was wrong. It was a very bad decision to ban Amit Shah. That is why they lifted the ban," Swamy told reporters here.
The BJP leader claimed that it was deliberately done to strike a balance in Uttar Pradesh where SP leader Azam Khan was also censured by the EC.
Swamy also alleged that the Congress was uniting Muslims and dividing Hindus on the basis of castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores