EC`s decision to ban Amit Shah campaigning wrong: Swamy
Guwahati: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Friday claimed that the Election Commission`s decision to lift the ban on campaigning by Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah was because it was wrong.
"The EC`s decision was wrong. It was a very bad decision to ban Amit Shah. That is why they lifted the ban," Swamy told reporters here.
The BJP leader claimed that it was deliberately done to strike a balance in Uttar Pradesh where SP leader Azam Khan was also censured by the EC.
Swamy also alleged that the Congress was uniting Muslims and dividing Hindus on the basis of castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued