ED summons Trinamool Congress candidate Arpita Ghosh
Kolkata: The Enforcement Directorate has summoned Arpita Ghosh, thespian and Trinamool Congress candidate from Balurghat, in connection with the investigation of the Saradha chitfund scam.
"Yes, we have summoned Arpita Ghosh in regard to the investigation of the Saradha chitfund scam. She had ensured that she will come and cooperate with us," a senior official of ED told PTI today on the condition of anonymity.
Ghosh was associated with one of the television channels of the Saradha Group "Ekhon Samay", and along with other employees of the channel in April last year had filed an FIR against the Group`s chairman Sudipta Sen for non payment of salaries for two months after the Saradha bubble burst.
Ghosh is a prominent face of Trinamool`s intellectual brigade and has been recently given a ticket to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Balurghat.
The ED`s summon to Arpita Ghosh comes days after the agency nabbed Sudipta Sen`s wife Piyali Sen and his son Subhajit in a money laundering case.
Meanwhile, Subhajit`s wife Priyanka was questioned by the ED today in connection with the Saradha chitfund case.
Recently, ED`s zonal office in Kolkata had issued summons to about 15 people involved in the fund transactions of the scam which came to the fore early last year after duped investors raised their voices of grievance.
The summons come in the backdrop of the ED attaching Rs 105.62 crore assets of various entities involved in the case including Sudipta Sen and Piyali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi