Elaborate security for counting of votes in Nagaland
Kohima: With the completion of the election process following repoll at five polling stations of Wokha district on Thursday, elaborate security have been put in place for tomorrow`s counting of votes for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland.
Returning Officer for the lone parliamentary seat in the state, Temjen Toy, said that counting of votes will commence from 8 AM.
He said that all security arrangements have been put in place for the peaceful completion of the counting process.
The result will decide the fate of three candidates including Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, who is fighting on ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF), K V Pusa of Congress and Akhei Achumi of Socialist Party (India).
Polling for the Lok Sabha seat was held on April 9 and out of the total 11,82,948 voters, around 88 per cent electorates exercised their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand