Elaborate security for counting of votes in Nagaland
Kohima: With the completion of the election process following repoll at five polling stations of Wokha district on Thursday, elaborate security have been put in place for tomorrow`s counting of votes for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland.
Returning Officer for the lone parliamentary seat in the state, Temjen Toy, said that counting of votes will commence from 8 AM.
He said that all security arrangements have been put in place for the peaceful completion of the counting process.
The result will decide the fate of three candidates including Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, who is fighting on ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF), K V Pusa of Congress and Akhei Achumi of Socialist Party (India).
Polling for the Lok Sabha seat was held on April 9 and out of the total 11,82,948 voters, around 88 per cent electorates exercised their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof