Elaborate security for counting of votes in Nagaland
Kohima: With the completion of the election process following repoll at five polling stations of Wokha district on Thursday, elaborate security have been put in place for tomorrow`s counting of votes for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland.
Returning Officer for the lone parliamentary seat in the state, Temjen Toy, said that counting of votes will commence from 8 AM.
He said that all security arrangements have been put in place for the peaceful completion of the counting process.
The result will decide the fate of three candidates including Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, who is fighting on ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF), K V Pusa of Congress and Akhei Achumi of Socialist Party (India).
Polling for the Lok Sabha seat was held on April 9 and out of the total 11,82,948 voters, around 88 per cent electorates exercised their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!