Elaborate security for counting of votes in Nagaland
Kohima: With the completion of the election process following repoll at five polling stations of Wokha district on Thursday, elaborate security have been put in place for tomorrow`s counting of votes for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland.
Returning Officer for the lone parliamentary seat in the state, Temjen Toy, said that counting of votes will commence from 8 AM.
He said that all security arrangements have been put in place for the peaceful completion of the counting process.
The result will decide the fate of three candidates including Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, who is fighting on ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF), K V Pusa of Congress and Akhei Achumi of Socialist Party (India).
Polling for the Lok Sabha seat was held on April 9 and out of the total 11,82,948 voters, around 88 per cent electorates exercised their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report