Elated to be proposer of BJP`s PM candidate, says tea-seller Kiran Mahida
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Vadodara: Till now, Kiran Mahida was a little known person in Vadodara who used to sell tea for his living but he has now shot to limelight after being chosen as one of the proposers of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is set to file his nomination papers from here on Wednesday.
Talking to reporters, Mahida said, “I feel elated that an ordinary person like me has been chosen to propose the prime ministerial candidate of a national party. I can`t describe my happiness in words.”
When asked why was he given the opportunity, Mahida said, “ I have been a loyal soldier of BJP and it is the only party where there is no discrimination.“
Besides Kiran Mahida, a member of city`s royal family Shubhanginidevi Raje-Gaekwad will also sign as supporters when Modi files his nomination papers today.
Two other supporters - Nila Makrand Desai, wife of late BJP national secretary Makarand Desai - and first president of the city`s party unit Bhupendra Patel will also sign Modi`s nomination form.
Modi had earlier confirmed that he would be filing his papers on Wednesday by tweeting, “On 9th, I will file my nomination papers for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat. Going to meet Atal ji at his residence to seek his blessings.”
Today is the last day of filing of nomination form in the state, which will witness single-phase polls on April 30 to elect representative for 26 Lok Sabha constituencies.
General secretary of BJP and party in-charge for Gujarat, Om Mathur, state BJP president R C Faldu and other party leaders will also accompany Modi during the filing of his nomination papers.
Gujarat Chief Minister will arrive at the city airport at 9.15 am and drive straight to Kirti Stambh premises in Raopura locality, from where he would lead `Vijay Vikas Yatra`, a road show, which would pass through various parts of the city and reach at the collectorate office to file his nomination papers.
This is for the first time that he will visit Vadodara constituency after selecting it as his second seat.
Soon after filing his nomination papers, he will leave the city, and will not address any public meeting that day.
The prime ministerial nominee is also contesting from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, which will go to polls on May 12. Balkrishna Shukla sitting BJP MP who vacated his seat in favour of Modi, will file his papers as a dummy candidate.
Madhusudan Mistry AICC general secretary and close aide of vice president of the Congress party Rahul Gandhi, who is contesting against Modi from this seat, had filed his nomination papers on April 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery