Election Commission biased against Azam Khan: Muslim body
Rampur: Accusing the Election Commission of being biased against Azam Khan, a local Muslim body has demanded President Pranab Mukherjee to intervene in the matter and withdraw the ban against the SP leader.
All India Mashavarati Council, in a pamphlet issued today, alleged that the EC was being biased against Khan.
"Rajasthan`s Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, Union Minister Ajit Singh and Beni Prasad Verma`s objectionable remarks were ignored, but the Commission`s punishing of Khan has proved that the apex body has erred in performing its duty impartially," it said.
Meanwhile, Khan`s Public Relation officer Sasahat Ali Khan also issued a statement today opposing the counting of votes on Friday.
"Muslims observe prayers every Friday hence Muslim agents of the contesting parties will not be able to take part in the counting process," the statement reads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you