Election Commission biased against Azam Khan: Muslim body
Rampur: Accusing the Election Commission of being biased against Azam Khan, a local Muslim body has demanded President Pranab Mukherjee to intervene in the matter and withdraw the ban against the SP leader.
All India Mashavarati Council, in a pamphlet issued today, alleged that the EC was being biased against Khan.
"Rajasthan`s Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, Union Minister Ajit Singh and Beni Prasad Verma`s objectionable remarks were ignored, but the Commission`s punishing of Khan has proved that the apex body has erred in performing its duty impartially," it said.
Meanwhile, Khan`s Public Relation officer Sasahat Ali Khan also issued a statement today opposing the counting of votes on Friday.
"Muslims observe prayers every Friday hence Muslim agents of the contesting parties will not be able to take part in the counting process," the statement reads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight