Election Commission issues show cause notice against AAP`s Vijayawada nominee
Vijayawada: A show cause notice was issued against an AAP candidate from Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat and three others for allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
Returning Officer J Murali issued show cause notices under section 127-A of the Peoples Representative Act to Harmohindar Singh Sahni of AAP, YSRCP worker C Chandrasekhar and two printers for publishing handbills and posters without prior approval from district collector and election officer.
"It is binding on political parties and their candidates to take prior approval of the district election officer before publishing any posters or handbills," Murali said in a release today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday