Election Commission issues show cause notice against AAP`s Vijayawada nominee
Vijayawada: A show cause notice was issued against an AAP candidate from Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat and three others for allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
Returning Officer J Murali issued show cause notices under section 127-A of the Peoples Representative Act to Harmohindar Singh Sahni of AAP, YSRCP worker C Chandrasekhar and two printers for publishing handbills and posters without prior approval from district collector and election officer.
"It is binding on political parties and their candidates to take prior approval of the district election officer before publishing any posters or handbills," Murali said in a release today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!