Election Commission to scan TV channels for prompt action
Kolkata: The Election Commission will monitor six TV news channels, besides reviewing complaints through e-mail to the CEO, to deal with incidents promptly in coordination with the district magistrates during the second phase poll in West Bengal tomorrow.
Stating this here today, the OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said if they identify any major incident telecast in any of these channels, immediately the Commission would inform it to the DM concerned for initiating action.
The DMs would also be asked to submit reports on each of these complaints to the poll panel, he said. A number of TV sets have been installed at the CEO`s office for the purpose.
For the second phase poll in six Lok Sabha seats of Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda North, Malda South, Jangipur and Murshidabad tomorrow, the EC has arranged for web-casting in 189 polling stations.
The EC has undertaken Live Monitoring of Sensitive Area (LMSA) from seven strategic locations tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!