Election Commission to scan TV channels for prompt action
Kolkata: The Election Commission will monitor six TV news channels, besides reviewing complaints through e-mail to the CEO, to deal with incidents promptly in coordination with the district magistrates during the second phase poll in West Bengal tomorrow.
Stating this here today, the OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said if they identify any major incident telecast in any of these channels, immediately the Commission would inform it to the DM concerned for initiating action.
The DMs would also be asked to submit reports on each of these complaints to the poll panel, he said. A number of TV sets have been installed at the CEO`s office for the purpose.
For the second phase poll in six Lok Sabha seats of Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda North, Malda South, Jangipur and Murshidabad tomorrow, the EC has arranged for web-casting in 189 polling stations.
The EC has undertaken Live Monitoring of Sensitive Area (LMSA) from seven strategic locations tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief