Election Commission to scan TV channels for prompt action
Kolkata: The Election Commission will monitor six TV news channels, besides reviewing complaints through e-mail to the CEO, to deal with incidents promptly in coordination with the district magistrates during the second phase poll in West Bengal tomorrow.
Stating this here today, the OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said if they identify any major incident telecast in any of these channels, immediately the Commission would inform it to the DM concerned for initiating action.
The DMs would also be asked to submit reports on each of these complaints to the poll panel, he said. A number of TV sets have been installed at the CEO`s office for the purpose.
For the second phase poll in six Lok Sabha seats of Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda North, Malda South, Jangipur and Murshidabad tomorrow, the EC has arranged for web-casting in 189 polling stations.
The EC has undertaken Live Monitoring of Sensitive Area (LMSA) from seven strategic locations tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?