Election Commission to scan TV channels for prompt action
Kolkata: The Election Commission will monitor six TV news channels, besides reviewing complaints through e-mail to the CEO, to deal with incidents promptly in coordination with the district magistrates during the second phase poll in West Bengal tomorrow.
Stating this here today, the OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said if they identify any major incident telecast in any of these channels, immediately the Commission would inform it to the DM concerned for initiating action.
The DMs would also be asked to submit reports on each of these complaints to the poll panel, he said. A number of TV sets have been installed at the CEO`s office for the purpose.
For the second phase poll in six Lok Sabha seats of Raiganj, Balurghat, Malda North, Malda South, Jangipur and Murshidabad tomorrow, the EC has arranged for web-casting in 189 polling stations.
The EC has undertaken Live Monitoring of Sensitive Area (LMSA) from seven strategic locations tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh