Election for one LS seat in Manipur on Wednesday
Imphal: Elections will be held on Wednesday in Outer Manipur Lok Sabha seat, one of the two Lok Sabha constituencies in the state in the hill districts.
Among the 10 contestants are nominees of the BJP, Congress, Trinamool Congress, Naga People`s Front, NCP, JD(U) and Aam Admi Party. Three independents are also in the fray.
Prominent candidates are sitting Congress MP Thangso Baite, Gangmumei Kamei (BJP), C. Doungel (NCP), Kim Gangte (Trinamool Congress), Soso Lorho (Naga People`s Front), L Gangte (JD-U) and MK Zou (AAP).
Total 9,11,699 electorates, of which 4,63,068 are women, will cast their votes tomorrow. There are 511 polling booths.
Polling for the second seat in the state, Inner Manipur constituency (valley districts) will be held on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why