Election Results 2014: Huge blow to Nitish Kumar as JD(U) decimated in Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar suffered a major jolt on Friday when it won just two seats in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. The state has 40 Parliamentary seats.
Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar had broken with the BJP last year ending a 17 year old alliance over the ascendancy of Narendra Modi in the party.
Now with adverse results, it could have a huge impact on JD(U) in Bihar`s Assembly polls next year.
Bihar BJP leader CP Thakur today said that Nitish Kumar government will now fall on its own and claimed many of the JD(U) MLAs are in touch with the saffron party.
The former Bihar BJP president added that BJP will not seek dissolution of the assembly and Kumar`s government will fall on its own because people are "dissatisfied" with it.
LJP leader Chirag Paswan also spoke about a likely NDA government in Bihar in the next six months, saying Kumar does not enjoy a majority.
"Whatever will happen that will happen through democratic process only. We are against violation of democratic norms.... There are many JD(U) leaders who are contacting us," Thakur said.
After splitting with BJP, JD(U) is running a government with the support of Congress MLAs and independents as the party does not have a majority.
Thakur said the BJP`s surge in the state was natural. "This was bound to happen."
BJP and its allies have won more than 20 seats in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown