Elections 2014: BJP trounces Congress in Assam, CM Tarun Gogoi to quit
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Guwahati: Three-time chief minister of Assam, Tarun Gogoi, on Friday announced that he is stepping down in the wake of Congress` poor performance in the state in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
As the picture became clear, Gogoi today announced that he is resigning as Assam CM taking full responsibility for Congress defeat in the state.
As per the latest trends available, the BJP is leading in 8 seats while the Congress is ahead in just 2. Others are ahead in 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!