Elections 2014: Mayawati to begin UP campaign tomorrow
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati would begin a whirlwind tour of Uttar Pradesh, her home state, from Thursday, a party leader said.
The Dalit leader will address her first election rally in Bijnore in western UP and will later address a public meeting at Nagina, Aligarh. She will fly to Hathras April 4 and speak at a rally at Muzaffarnagar.
This would be her maiden appearance in Muzaffarnagar after the September 2013 communal riots in which 63 people were killed and thousands were rendered homeless. She has been criticized by local minority community for not standing with them in their hour of crisis.
The former UP chief minister will also be travelling to Kairana Lok Sabha constituency the same day. She will address rallies at Gautambudh Nagar (Noida) and Bulandshahr April 5.
Between April 7-9, she will take a break from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh and would go for poll campaign in other states. Later she would also be addressing rallies at Shravasti, Balrampur, Lalganj, Azamgarh, Shahjahanpur and Ambedkarnagar.
The BSP chief is making a frantic bid to regain the ground she lost to arch rival Samajwadi Party in the 2012 state assembly election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?