Eleven persons held with Rs 8.49 lakh
Motihari (Bihar): Eleven people were held with Rs 8.49 lakh unaccounted cash from an SUV at a toll plaza on NH-28 under Chakia police station area of Bihar`s East Champaran district.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinay Kumar said the police intercepted the SUV during checking of vehicles and seized the money when the 11 persons travelling in the vehicle failed to explain its source.
All the 11 people have been arrested, he said.
As per the Election Commission guidelines, the Chakia DSP and SDO would probe whether the seized cash belonged to any political party for use in elections, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown