Eleven persons held with Rs 8.49 lakh
Motihari (Bihar): Eleven people were held with Rs 8.49 lakh unaccounted cash from an SUV at a toll plaza on NH-28 under Chakia police station area of Bihar`s East Champaran district.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinay Kumar said the police intercepted the SUV during checking of vehicles and seized the money when the 11 persons travelling in the vehicle failed to explain its source.
All the 11 people have been arrested, he said.
As per the Election Commission guidelines, the Chakia DSP and SDO would probe whether the seized cash belonged to any political party for use in elections, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy