Expulsion threat looms over BJP MLA Manvendra Singh
Jaipur: Taking strong exception to its MLA from Shiv Manvendra Singh`s "anti-party activities" in the ongoing poll campaign, BJP Thursday asked the legislator to quit the party on moral grounds or face disciplinary action.
"Manvendra Singh, who is campaigning against official candidate of the party Sona Ram from Barmer Lok Sabha seat should first leave or quit the party on moral grounds as it attracts his anti-party activities and gross disciplinary action soon," state BJP vice president Onkar Singh Lakhawat told reporters here.
Manvendra, who is son of expelled BJP leader and independent candidate from Barmer LS seat Jaswant Singh, has been attending his father`s meeting against the party`s official candidate.
"BJP is keeping all options open against Manvendra Singh. Party will write to Assembly speaker for his disqualification, or expel him from the party as Manvendra and his father Jaswant are speaking openly against the party`s ideology and working for the last one week," Lakhawat said.
"Manvendra is virtually violating the party`s guidelines and principles by attending his father`s meeting against the party`s official candidate, which amounts to gross indiscipline," he said.
Party was expecting a report from the district unit and take decision in respect of Manvendra`s alleged activities in the election process soon, the BJP leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video