Family of 48 voters in Kisanganj cynosure of all contestants
Purnia (Bihar): A family in Bihar`s Kisanganj Lok Sabha constituency is hogging attention of all political parties in the fray because of its chunk of 48 voters.
The 96-member family of 86-year-old Arzad Ali is based at Ziagachi village in Purnia district which falls under the Kisanganj Lok Sabha seat.
While every household counts for the contestants in the constituency, this family is a must-visit for them in their barnstorming for the sheer number of voters a family has under one roof.
"I have eight sons and one daughter. The eight sons have 49 children and the youngest among them has come to the world just two days back," the octogenarian family head, Arzad Ali, said.
The family has a tradition of all members voting for a particular party. They take a unanimous decision under the stewardship of Arzad Ali a couple of days before the election is to take place.
"Though as the family head, I take the ultimate decision who to vote for, but never ever the decision has not been imposed. Rather it is reached after assessing the plus and minus points of every candidate," Ali told PTI.
Even women members take part in the decision-making process, Ali`s youngest son Ashfaq says proudly.
Ali said that earlier the family was an ardent supporter of the Congress because of Indira Gandhi.
"But, now the time has changed," he said.
Kisanganj goes to poll on April 24 in the third phase.
Congress candidate Maulana Israrul Haque seeking re-election from Kisanganj has already visited the village and met the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city