Farooq Abdullah files nomination from Srinagar
Srinagar: National Conference (NC) patron and union minister Farooq Abdullah Monday filed his nomination papers for the Srinagar Lok Sabha seat.
Farooq Abdullah was accompanied by his son, NC president and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, and other senior party leaders.
State Congress president, Saif-ud-Din Soz also accompanied the union minister to the office of the returning officer in the Tankipora area of summer capital Srinagar.
The ruling NC-Congress alliance is jointly fighting the election in the state.
Farooq Abdullah is re-contesting from the Srinagar constituency and is challenged by Peoples Democratic Party candidate Tariq Hameed Karra and Aam Aadmi Party candidate Raja Muzaffar Bhat.
Farooq Abdullah is scheduled to address a rally at the mausoleum of his father and NC founder, Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah, in the Nigeen area of the city later Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday