FIR against Beni for calling Modi `biggest goonda` of RSS
Balrampur: An FIR has been registered against Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma in Balrampur for calling BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi the "biggest goonda" of RSS and party`s National President Rajnath Singh his "slave".
District Magistrate Mukesh Chandra today said, "Beni had termed Modi as a goon of RSS and said that Rajnath Singh was his slave."
Taking cognisance of the statement, the district administration has lodged an FIR at Sadullah Nagar police station for violating the Model Code of Conduct and has sent the report to the Election Commission as well.
Verma had on April 1 stoked a controversy by dubbing Narendra Modi as the "biggest goonda" (goon) of RSS as the language being used by him in elections is not normally used in democracy.
"Modi could not have become prime ministerial candidate without the nod of Rajnath Singh. This proves that Rajnath Singh is not the president of the party but Modi`s slave (ghulam)," Verma had said.
Chandra said a code of conduct would be strictly followed and those violating it would not be spared.
This is the second case of violation of the model code by the Union Minister. Another case was lodged against him on March 31 in Gonda district for organising a roadshow in Tarabganj tehsil in which the number of vehicles was beyond permissible limit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH