FIR against BJP Firozabad candidate for creating ruckus
Firozabad: An FIR was Friday filed against BJP candidate from Firozabad Lok Sabha seat SP Singh Baghel and 500 others for creating ruckus, pelting stones, setting afire a police vehicle, among other things during a dharna.
The FIR was registered at Uttar police station on charges of rioting (section 147 of IPC), assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of its duty (353), section 7 of Criminal Amendment act, and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
The incident took place last night when Baghel along with his supporters sat on a dharna demanding repoll in the constituency.
Baghel had alleged that SP men and officials committed irregularities at a number of booths in Jasrana area during polling yesterday.
Later, the mob became violent, following which it pelted stones, set afire a police vehicle, and snatched service revolver of Circle officer Tundla Kehar Singh.
BJP workers have alleged that police later resorted to lathicharge in which Baghel and MLA Maneesh Aseeja besides others were injured.
In a complaint sent to the Election Commission, they have demanded repoll at these booths. Two leaders said state and central leadership of BJP has been informed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket