FIR against BJP Firozabad candidate for creating ruckus
Firozabad: An FIR was Friday filed against BJP candidate from Firozabad Lok Sabha seat SP Singh Baghel and 500 others for creating ruckus, pelting stones, setting afire a police vehicle, among other things during a dharna.
The FIR was registered at Uttar police station on charges of rioting (section 147 of IPC), assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of its duty (353), section 7 of Criminal Amendment act, and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
The incident took place last night when Baghel along with his supporters sat on a dharna demanding repoll in the constituency.
Baghel had alleged that SP men and officials committed irregularities at a number of booths in Jasrana area during polling yesterday.
Later, the mob became violent, following which it pelted stones, set afire a police vehicle, and snatched service revolver of Circle officer Tundla Kehar Singh.
BJP workers have alleged that police later resorted to lathicharge in which Baghel and MLA Maneesh Aseeja besides others were injured.
In a complaint sent to the Election Commission, they have demanded repoll at these booths. Two leaders said state and central leadership of BJP has been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations