FIR against BJP`s Hema Malini for addressing people in temple
Mathura: An FIR has been filed against actress Hema Malini, the BJP candidate from Mathura Lok Sabha seat, for allegedly violating the model code of conduct by addressing people at a temple in Bera village here.
"Not only flag and banner of the party was put on the building of Alkeswar Temple of Bera village falling under Mat Tahsil, but Hema Malini addressed a meeting on loudspeaker using temple premises as platform on April 7," ADM Dhirendra Sachan said.
Three FIRs have already been filed against the actress for alleged violation of the model code of conduct, he stated.
Meanwhile, notices have been issued against three other candidates from the constituency for alleged violation of model code of conduct.
"While AAP candidate Anuj Garg was found guilty of distributing party caps to people, BSP candidate Yogesh Dwivedi did not mention the number of pamphlets he distributed after getting them printed from a press.
Bahujan Mukti Party candidate Maharam Singh distributed pamphlets which does not carry the name of the press where it was printed.
He also did not furnish proof of the number of pamphlets he got printed," Sachan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened