FIR against BJP`s Hema Malini for addressing people in temple
Mathura: An FIR has been filed against actress Hema Malini, the BJP candidate from Mathura Lok Sabha seat, for allegedly violating the model code of conduct by addressing people at a temple in Bera village here.
"Not only flag and banner of the party was put on the building of Alkeswar Temple of Bera village falling under Mat Tahsil, but Hema Malini addressed a meeting on loudspeaker using temple premises as platform on April 7," ADM Dhirendra Sachan said.
Three FIRs have already been filed against the actress for alleged violation of the model code of conduct, he stated.
Meanwhile, notices have been issued against three other candidates from the constituency for alleged violation of model code of conduct.
"While AAP candidate Anuj Garg was found guilty of distributing party caps to people, BSP candidate Yogesh Dwivedi did not mention the number of pamphlets he distributed after getting them printed from a press.
Bahujan Mukti Party candidate Maharam Singh distributed pamphlets which does not carry the name of the press where it was printed.
He also did not furnish proof of the number of pamphlets he got printed," Sachan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan