FIR on Beni for making objectionable comments against Narendra Modi
Gonda: In the second FIR in three days, Union Minister and Congress candidate from Gonda Lok Sabha seat Beni Prasad Verma was on Friday booked for allegedly making objectionable comments against BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
District Magistrate Vikas Gothwal said that while addressing an election rally in Patel Nagar in the district last night, Verma had made some objectionable comment against Modi.
"After viewing the video recording of the programme an FIR has been lodged against Verma at Kotwali police station under section 504 IPC (Intentional insult) and 125 Public Representative Act," he said.
Yesterday, the Election Commission had issued a show cause notice to Verma, expressing "displeasure" at his "biggest goon" remark against Modi.
Also, an FIR was registered on April 21 in Kanpur against Verma, Congress candidate from Akbarpur Lok Sabha seat Rajaram Pal and a party worker by the district administration for violating Model Code of Conduct by allegedly making objectionable remarks against Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview