FIR on Beni for making objectionable comments against Narendra Modi
Gonda: In the second FIR in three days, Union Minister and Congress candidate from Gonda Lok Sabha seat Beni Prasad Verma was on Friday booked for allegedly making objectionable comments against BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
District Magistrate Vikas Gothwal said that while addressing an election rally in Patel Nagar in the district last night, Verma had made some objectionable comment against Modi.
"After viewing the video recording of the programme an FIR has been lodged against Verma at Kotwali police station under section 504 IPC (Intentional insult) and 125 Public Representative Act," he said.
Yesterday, the Election Commission had issued a show cause notice to Verma, expressing "displeasure" at his "biggest goon" remark against Modi.
Also, an FIR was registered on April 21 in Kanpur against Verma, Congress candidate from Akbarpur Lok Sabha seat Rajaram Pal and a party worker by the district administration for violating Model Code of Conduct by allegedly making objectionable remarks against Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends