First stable government after 30 years: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: The country has a stable government with full majority for the first time in 30 years with a strong leader like Narendra Modi, the Shiv Sena said here on Saturday, praising the BJP victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
"It is like a dream come true after the hellish nightmare. It seems the gods and goddesses worshipped by Indians have all unanimously blessed the people of the country by this election result," the party said in an editorial in the mouthpiece `Saamana`.
It felt the victory is bigger than the Janata Party-led coalition in 1977 and people are at a loss of words to describe Modi`s achievement, it said.
Describing the outcome akin to a second movement for Independence after 1947, the `Saamana` said: "Modi came like a man, and the country wholeheartedly stood behind that man and supported him through the ballot boxes to free the country... "
Terming the Modi wave as "bigger than the wave following the battle for Ayodhya", the Shiv Sena said the biggest trees have been uprooted, proving to be a colossal loss to the Congress.
"It is a defeat for the Manmohan Singh government, but it is a bigger debacle for the Gandhi family, and they cannot simply walk away from the consequences," the editorial said.
It added the country was in the grip of corruption and inflation, while the rulers threw crumbs of free meals and hoped to grab their votes, but they have been proved totally wrong.
"It is evident that despite spending huge amounts, you cannot buy votes... But the people have taught a lesson to those who sold out the country... Hence, this is a victory of the people... The country has won!" the edit concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof