First stable government after 30 years: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: The country has a stable government with full majority for the first time in 30 years with a strong leader like Narendra Modi, the Shiv Sena said here on Saturday, praising the BJP victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
"It is like a dream come true after the hellish nightmare. It seems the gods and goddesses worshipped by Indians have all unanimously blessed the people of the country by this election result," the party said in an editorial in the mouthpiece `Saamana`.
It felt the victory is bigger than the Janata Party-led coalition in 1977 and people are at a loss of words to describe Modi`s achievement, it said.
Describing the outcome akin to a second movement for Independence after 1947, the `Saamana` said: "Modi came like a man, and the country wholeheartedly stood behind that man and supported him through the ballot boxes to free the country... "
Terming the Modi wave as "bigger than the wave following the battle for Ayodhya", the Shiv Sena said the biggest trees have been uprooted, proving to be a colossal loss to the Congress.
"It is a defeat for the Manmohan Singh government, but it is a bigger debacle for the Gandhi family, and they cannot simply walk away from the consequences," the editorial said.
It added the country was in the grip of corruption and inflation, while the rulers threw crumbs of free meals and hoped to grab their votes, but they have been proved totally wrong.
"It is evident that despite spending huge amounts, you cannot buy votes... But the people have taught a lesson to those who sold out the country... Hence, this is a victory of the people... The country has won!" the edit concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan